Asking the right questions during an interview can result in making a smart hiring decision. Here are five questions I like for this purpose:
1) Would you prefer to learn by reading instructions, watching someone else perform a task, or by doing it on your own by trial-and-error?
2) Do you think it’s important to always have an answer for customers’ questions? Why or why not?
3) Is this true or not true of you: I like logical, analytical approaches to solving problems. Describe an experience that fits your problem solving style.
4) Share an example of a time when you had to collaborate with a coworker to succeed at completing a project. Specifically, how did you work together to do a good job?
5) How do you use failure as a learning opportunity?